Last week, The Wall Street Journal posted a quiz to test your knowledge of current events in education. Here are a few bonus questions I came up with, and a link to the quiz. Good luck!
1. Which states have not adopted the Common Core State Standards?
a. Alaska, California, Texas, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
b. Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, and West Virginia
c. Alaska, Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas, and Virginia
d. Alabama, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Texas
2. What does PARCC stand for?
a. Precision, Accuracy, Responsibility, Comparability, and Completeness
b. Planning and Assessment Resources for Comparability and Competency
c. Promoting Academic Responses for College and Careers
d. Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
3. Which of the following is not a Teacher Evaluation Framework?
a. Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model
b. Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
c. The Danielson Group Framework for Teaching
1. c. Forty-five states, the District of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity have adopted the Common Core State Standards. Alaska, Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas, and Virginia have not yet adopted the Common Core State Standards.
2. d. The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a consortium of 18 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands working together to develop a common set of K-12 assessments in English and math anchored in what it takes to be ready for college and careers.
3. b. The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium is developing a system of valid, reliable, and fair next-generation assessments aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in English language arts/literacy (ELA/literacy) and mathematics for grades 3–8 and 11.